Wednesday, May 19, 2010

having a great life

The other day a nice customer service lady at one of the major clothing companies was emailing me about my order, and in closing she wrote the usual, "Hope you're having a great weekend".

It was a routine, standard courtesy and I don't think she expected any response from me, but on the spur of the moment I decided to write this back:

"YES, I am having a great weekend really. I've been enjoying myself with my kids, spending so much fun time with them, shopping, eating well, and then having a lovely peaceful home to return to to rest and relax. I am so blessed!

I realise as I get older that it really boils down to one's attitude, doesn't it. like, you could choose to fixate on something that you think isn't right in your life and let that get you down, or you can choose to rise above it and be grateful for all the blessings you do have.

more and more I see that it is wasteful to think that you'd be happy when such and such happens.. like you'll be happy when your knee stops aching or when you've gotten or done whatever.. you have to choose to be happy NOW, whatever your circumstances, and not waste any time worrying or fretting about the future or what you cannot change.. being happy and content really has to be a conscious choice one makes".

I apologised if that was too much information, but explained that I had been contemplating life a lot lately. Now I didn't expect an
y response from her (except perhaps a mental rolling of the eyes at her end), but this is what she wrote back:

"You are so right. Life is way too short to get caught up in the little things. Thank you for sharing that. I needed to read that and be reminded. It really did make my day".

Honestly, I felt SO happy when I read that. You just never know when, how and to whom you can be a help and a blessing, however small.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...