Monday, October 31, 2011

loving today: Book 4

The fourth literary Loving Today inspired by this post.
* * *

"No doubt you were in a hurry to give me a reputation for eccentricity: according to you, I am a Lara, a Manfred, a Lord Ruthwen. Then, once the time for seeing me as eccentric has gone, the image is spoiled and you try to turn me into an ordinary man. You want me to be commonplace and vulgar. You even ask me for explanations. Come, come, Monsieur Beauchamp! You are joking!"

"And yet," Beauchamp replied haughtily, "there are some occasions when honesty commands us…"

"What commands the Count of Monte Cristo," the strange man interrupted, "is the Count of Monte Cristo. So, not a word of all this, I beg you. I do what I wish, Monsieur Beauchamp, and believe me, it is always very well done".

extract from The Count Of Monte Cristo, Ch 88, by Alexandre Dumas

6298763074_3ab3c9fc29_o

4 comments:

Robert Foster said...

Thank you for choosing my art
Storm Watcher to be a part of
your beautiful and fascinating
blog creation.

Meghan said...

Thank you for including my art (prison door from m rose photography). I loved stopping by your blog!

Junah Cagang said...

Interesting blog, I really enjoyed browsing it :)

XX JUNO ♥
I AM A NEW FASHION BLOGGER,Visit OHITSJUNO.BLOGSPOT.COM
you may follow if you LIKE ...,
THANK YOU :))

Renée said...

I adore this series. I have a love affair with great stories and am finding it hard to stop following along with this feature. I still need to read Crime and Punishment....so glad I found your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...