Tuesday, August 14, 2012

go ahead and say it


"Oh yeah".

("In about 1985, I read the teachings of Christ and was instantly struck by the idea that Christ was somehow divine. When I say I love Christ and love the teachings of Christ, I mean that in the most simple and naïve and subjective way. I'm not saying I'm right, and I certainly wouldn't criticize anyone else's beliefs.

"I can't really know anything. Having said that, though, on a very subjective level I love Christ. I perceive Christ to be God, but I predicate that with the knowledge that I'm small and not nearly as old as the universe that I live in. I take my beliefs seriously for myself, but I would be very uncomfortable trying to tell anyone that I was right.

"I read the New Testament, specifically the Gospels, and I was struck at their divinity, feeling that humans could not have figured this out on their own. We're just not bright enough" [Moby in various interviews, sourced from Wikipedia]).

3 comments:

Sara said...

Cool song! Moby sounds like an interesting, intellectual person. I like that quote about being "struck at their divinity", that humans just aren't smart enough to have come up with what's in the Gospels. It's so true.

Natasha in Oz said...

I love Moby's music but had no idea about his spirituality! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Thanks also for following my blog! It's great to meet you.

If you have a minute to spare next week I'd be thrilled if you could link up this post to my Tuesday Tune linky party! This is brilliant!

Best wishes and hope you have a great Sunday.
Natasha in Oz

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post- I have read Moby's thoughts on his faith before and I am also very interested in Jesus's ministry. You have made me think again about the Gospels. Thank you, Jo xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...