Thursday, August 23, 2012

Kreativ Blogger award


kreativ

I finally have time now to write this long overdue post! Last month, the incredibly sweet and talented Cynthia of Antiquity Travelers gave me this award -- thank you so much Cynthia! Cynthia is a prolific crafter, making beautiful jewelry with semi-precious stones, pearls, shells, and handmade beads, which you can find at her shop here. Cynthia's blog tells the fascinating stories behind her jewelry, and the places and people who inspire it.

When you receive this award, there are a few rules:
1. Post a link to the person who awarded you
2. Share 7 well-thought out random things about yourself
3. Award to 10 other deserving bloggers and let them know

So here goes! Firstly, the 7 random things about me:

1.
I have a curious fascination with ghosts, ships and Medusa (if you could combine all three, that would be perfect!)
2. I love anchovies (to eat, I mean).
3. I do not love muffins, crowds, or souped-up cars.
4. I have to read something, anything, whenever I eat. Ideally, it would be a Victorian novel, but I'm willing to read menus, bank brochures and drugstore pamphlets if need be.
5. Some of my favourite writers are Anne Bronte, Sheridan Le Fanu, and Thomas Hardy.
6. I almost always wear boots, never heels.
7. I love animals, trees, thunderstorms and the sea.

And now, the 10 bloggers to whom I'm passing this award. Trust me, with so much talent and creativity out there, this was not easy (and don't worry if you haven't the time or inclination to do this; I'm just acknowledging your coolness!):

1. Artistic Expressions by Elisabeth -- Inspirational posts on life and neato crafting tutorials
2. Blether -- A treasure trove of recipes, books and gardening and home tips
3. Blue Ridge Blue Collar Girl -- Beautiful pictures and musings by a beautiful soul
4. Contemplating Beauty -- Lovely photographs and uplifting posts by a gorgeous full-time Mom
5. Dolce Vita -- The thoughts and loves of a beautiful soon-to-be Mama
6. Introverted Art -- The inspiring art and writing of a self-proclaimed introvert
7. Moncy3 -- Fun posts on creativity and family by a super talented craftster
8. Plowing Through Life -- A smorgasbord of beauty, humour, music and thought-provoking reflections
9. Sexta-feira -- Beautiful photographs that'll make you want to go on holiday right now
10. The Sulky Kitten -- How can you resist a name like that? Sharp humour and deep insights from a sassy domestic kitty

15 comments:

Libby said...

Awww, thank you so much for passing this award to me. I always enjoy your visits on my blog and taking time to look at yours. Thank you so much! :-)

Unknown said...

congratulations to you on the award and thanks for introducing us to all these lovely blogs!

E. said...

Congratulations on your award! It's nice to learn more about you!

Thank you so much for nominating me, I'm flattered!

I'll make a post about it soon. Enjoy your Friday! :)

The Cranky said...

Thank you so much, you just made me go awwwww! A big smile just when I needed one, you are a sweetheart!

Sulky Kitten said...

Hi Janice, that's a lovely surprise! Thank you very much for thinking about me for this award. I can see that I'm in great company!

Beth said...

Thank you, Janice! Congratulations to you on your award---it is well-deserved. I enjoy your blog very much. You are a wonderful writer.

Thank you so much for the mention.

AntiquityTravelers said...

Congrats Janice! The award was so well deserved! Now I get to check out your list :)

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Janice, that is really sweet. And a surprise! And I thank you for including me in your choices. I will have to check out the sites that I don't know.

I laughed when I read that you have to read something while you eat, even if it's a brochure or some pamphlet! I do the same if I'm eating alone. I've always got my nose in a book or some reading material.

Unknown said...

Congratulations and thank you dear! I will work on my post as soon as I get a breather...*sigh

Micaela said...

awww i feel like a rockstar to be among your 10!!!

i absolutely love reading posts like these because you find out things that probably wouldn't come up in regular conversation (like that you have a fascination with medusa!)

i can't wait to do this. THANK-YOU!!!

xoxo

Street Fashion Paris said...

So cute...xxx

Introverted Art said...

oh my, this is so cool! Thank you so much. I feel honored.

Contemplating Beauty said...

I am beyond moved and touched!!! I can't thank you enough for thinking of ME!

Contemplating Beauty said...

Girl, you like anchoivies huh?! my dad loves them, but no way to me:o

I'm not a fan of crowds either and that is so interesting that you have to read when you eat;)

Micaela said...

again, thank-you sweet friend for tagging me! i had so much fun doing my blog post:

http://dolcevitamicaela.blogspot.com/2012/09/random-things-about-me.html

XO

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...