About a month ago, Evi at Sexta-feira was so kind as to give me a Liebster Award -- thank you so much Evi! Evi is Greek, and teaches English as a foreign language in Greece; her beautiful blog is full of breathtaking photographs of her travels.
Well, part of receiving this award involves sharing 11 things about yourself, and answering 11 questions posed by the giver, so I knew I had to make time to do this properly!
So OK, here goes -- 11 things about myself:
1. I love to dance.
2. My first dog was a massive black Lab/German Shepherd cross -- we grew up together and I still miss him deeply.
3. I brought a book with me when I went into labour for the first time, thinking I might get bored waiting. Boy, was I mistaken.
4. I love pasta.
5. All the dolls in our house have their own distinct personality and I frequently voice them for the kids.
6. I am greatly fascinated by shipwrecks.
7. I enjoy watching Titanic repeatedly, but only after they hit the iceberg.
8. Some of my favourite flowers are lupines, peonies and heliotropes.
9. I enjoy watching Gladiator repeatedly, but only to the point when Maximus growls, "I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next". Whoooa.
10. I actually find Andy Stanley kinda cute.
11. My favourite ice-cream flavour is banana.
And now, my answers to Evi's questions:
1. Which is the most boring book you've ever read?
Twilight. I read it just to find out if the hype was really deserved.
2. Which movie made you cry your eyes out?
3. Do you like "Friends" and if you do, which character do you identify with?
I do not like "Friends" at all.
4. What do you find more relaxing, going camping or staying at a 5-star hotel?
Camping if it's fall; a 5-star hotel if it's London.
5. What's the ideal way to spend a work-free day?
Hanging out with my kids, doing whatever they want.
6. Coffee or tea?
7. What's the best present you've ever received?
8. Have you ever been given a really bad haircut and how did you react?
O yes. My mother did it. I cried. Hard. I think it scarred me for life.
9. What color is your car?
Champagne. Well, it's sort of an old-man-frosty-beige.
10. When's your birthday?
I'm already middle-aged; I can't remember.
11. Do you use a camera or your cell-phone to take pictures?
And now, the Liebster Award goes to...
10. Rag and Stone
And my 11 questions are:
1. What do you spend the most money on?
2. What is your least favourite food?
3. Where would you like to live?
4. The last time you said "I love you" was... ?
5. Do you believe in reincarnation, and if so, what do you think you'd come back as?
6. The last thing you do at night is... ?
7. What is one of your greatest achievements?
8. Who was your first celebrity crush?
9. What are you reading now, and is it any good?
10. You think insects are... ?
11. What's your idea of a perfect breakfast?
I hope you have fun with this, but as I always say, don't worry if you haven't the time or inclination; I'm just acknowledging your coolness! Drop me a line if you need copies of anything in this post. Have a super lovely day :)